Clerk to the Worshipful Company of Feltmakers of London
An outstanding candidate is sought, as our existing Clerk of nearly 20 years is retiring.
- Experienced and charismatic leader with stature and poise. Exceptional organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills dealing with our membership of 200, along with contact with other Livery companies. Financially astute.
- Proven at a significant level of responsibility gained in the commercial, public or voluntary sectors or the armed forces.
- Developed diplomatic and social skills. Courteous, persuasive and unflappable. At ease and effective at all levels.
- Clear empathy for the traditions and ceremony of the City of London.
- Provides support to an elected leader of the Livery (the Master) and enhances their authority but must be able to lead where necessary.
- Loyal, discreet and endowed with sound judgement and a sense of humour. Mentally agile and strategically sound.
- Good IT skills, enabling electronic record keeping, communications and financial arrangements.
- Experience or knowledge of the feltmaking and hatting industry is desirable but not essential but an interest in these matters most certainly is.
- Occupies on average about three days per week (21 hours), requiring some flexibility to accommodate the seasonal variations in workload typical to this role. Much of the work will be done ‘at home’.
- Leading the administration of every aspect of the Company’s activities and supporting/managing agreed changes in direction.
- Managing the Company’s day-to-day finances, and supporting the Company’s advisers on investment and property matters, and working with our Charity Trustees in connection with the conduct of our charitable work and managing those resources.
- Promoting the interests of the Company within the City and with other Livery Companies.
- Supporting the Master, Wardens and Court.
- Supporting the Company’s Committees.
- Attending, with the Master, a variety of formal, and less formal, City and social occasions in the evenings and sometimes at lunchtime.
- [Oversight/of digital media communications and website ]
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
A more detailed Job Description (of which the above is a summary) is available for applicants. The closing date for written applications is Friday 13 March 2020, and following careful assessment of all applications received, we shall hold the first round of interviews from Tuesday 19 May 2020 onwards on a date to be agreed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to submit applications.